Friday, August 29, 2008

Koen David Wayne Hinzman

My dear friend, Valerie, had her 6th baby just two weeks ago. She and I have been pregnant at the same time with every kid. This last time it was only for a few weeks as she found out she was pregnant the night before I delivered Jake. Koen David Wayne Hinzman was born on August 14th at 7:10am. He weighed 8lbs 2oz. Valerie only woke up not 30 minutes before he was born. There was no way for her to get to the hospital. We praise God for directing every step of this pregnancy including choosing a midwife for this delivery. Despite being prepared for a home birth, the midwife arrived just after Koen was born. David actually delivered him. It was very overwhelming yet very exciting. He did great. I arrived shortly after the midwife and was priveledged to give him his first bath. Later that morning my mom (Grandma Nancy pictured below) and I returned with Valerie's favorite, home grown tomatoes, and a chance to hold that sweet baby Koen. He's absolutely wonderful! You can see more on Valerie's blog.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Awww...that is so sweet. I am glad that we were able to keep the tradition going! Thanks for giving our little Koen his first bath! Special memories!

Thanks Gramma Nancy for the yummy tomatoes! They are the best in Kansas!

Jami said...

How blessed you two are to have such a strong and wonderful friendship. I've known you for a long time too and I adore your family too. I remember when Luke was just a little guy...makes me feel old!